Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
The Essential Tool Chest
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Shop Talk Live 22: Handplane How-Tocomments (3) December 28th, 2012 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 22: Handplane How-To
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we welcome Dyami Plotke and Rob Bois, of the Modern Woodworkers Association. Questions abound as we tackle queries on handplane technique, the appropriateness of compound miter saws in the workshop, and more!
FWW senior editor
Senior web producer
Dyami Plotke and Rob Boise
Modern Woodworkers Association
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Tech
- Shop Talk Live 20: Fine Woodworking on Primetime TV
- Shop Talk Live 19: All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time
- Shop Talk Live 18: George Nakashima 2.0
- Shop Talk Live 17: Behind-the-Scenes at Lee Valley Tools
- Shop Talk Live 16: A Lethal Dose of PEG?
- Shop Talk Live 15: Curvy Cabinet Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 14: Who Needs Half-Blind Dovetails?
- Shop Talk Live 13: Where Christian Becksvoort is Shinin' on Me
- Shop Talk Live 12: Special Guest Nick Offerman
- Shop Talk Live 11: That Sinking Feeling
- Shop Talk Live 10: Handplanes for a Desert Island
- Shop Talk Live 9: Four Finger Swipe
- Episode 8: Just a Splash of Water
- Episode 7: Mike Gets Crickets
- Episode 6: On the Pod
- Episode 5: Compounding Errors
- Episode 4: Dueling Cabinets
- Episode 3: Diminishing Returns
- Episode 2: Beyond the Back Cover
- Episode 1: The Big Debut
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, mwa, modern woodworkers association
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.