The Essential Tool Chest
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Techcomments (3) December 14th, 2012 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Tech
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we tackle a listener's questions regarding the potential pitfalls of a used tablesaw purchase. Then Matt Kenney's 40 year-old Delta Unisaw takes centerstage as Matt fills us in on his recent experience rehabbing this workshop classic. Plus, we'll have a bit of fun at contributing editor Christian Becksvoort's expense, with an outtake that didn't make the final cut of his recent appearance on NBC's Parks and Recreation.
Links Mentioned in this Week's Show
- Ed's checkered inlay picture frame
- Matt's box made using reclaimed framing studs
- Smart, Stylish Cutting Boards
FWW art director
FWW senior editor
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 20: Fine Woodworking on Primetime TV
- Shop Talk Live 19: All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time
- Shop Talk Live 18: George Nakashima 2.0
- Shop Talk Live 17: Behind-the-Scenes at Lee Valley Tools
- Shop Talk Live 16: A Lethal Dose of PEG?
- Shop Talk Live 15: Curvy Cabinet Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 14: Who Needs Half-Blind Dovetails?
- Shop Talk Live 13: Where Christian Becksvoort is Shinin' on Me
- Shop Talk Live 12: Special Guest Nick Offerman
- Shop Talk Live 11: That Sinking Feeling
- Shop Talk Live 10: Handplanes for a Desert Island
- Shop Talk Live 9: Four Finger Swipe
- Episode 8: Just a Splash of Water
- Episode 7: Mike Gets Crickets
- Episode 6: On the Pod
- Episode 5: Compounding Errors
- Episode 4: Dueling Cabinets
- Episode 3: Diminishing Returns
- Episode 2: Beyond the Back Cover
- Episode 1: The Big Debut
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, Tablesaw
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.