- Q & A: When is Veneer too Thick?
- A Vacuum Press Makes Veneering Easy
Veneering is a great way to work with beautiful woods that are too rare, too highly figured, or too temperamental to be used as solid stock. It also allows much ...
- A Box That Earns Its Stripes
Making a patterned box using scraps of contrasting veneer is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Adrian Ferrazzutti demonstrates how attention to detail ...
- Design Your Own Patterns Using Striped Veneer
- All About Veneering a Sunburst
Learn how to create this decorative tabletop and surround it with one of three beautiful borders. Plus watch a free video on tuning and using a veneer saw.
- A Convex Decorative Edge-Banding
An elegant border for a sunburst tabletop
- Beautiful Border Frames a Sunburst Tabletop
You can increase the "wow" factor of a sunburst tabletop by cutting the border with a scalloped edge, as shown in this Master Class. Mark Arnold shows how to decide ...
- How to Veneer a Sunburst
A sunburst is one of the most dramatic ways you can use veneer to enhance a circular tabletop. The arrangement of wedge-shaped segments cut from consecutive sheets ...
- Video: Tuning and Using a Veneer Saw
Learn how to sharpen this saw to get great cuts every time
- Hide Glue: A Closer Look
It may be your grandfather's glue, but that doesn't mean that hide glue has lost its place in the modern wood shop. The traditional glue pot has fallen out of the ...
- Tip: No-Clamp Veneering with Yellow Glue
- Q & A: Cutting Veneer with a Knife
- Video: Make an Oval Fan Inlay
A fast and repeatable method for cutting, shading, and assembling the veneers on this Federal-period decoration
- 5 Smart Repairs for Veneering Mistakes
To be good at veneering, you must be good at veneer repair. Let's face it: In the process of working with veneer, it can get chipped, scratched, dented, or blistered. ...
- An Introduction to Veneering
Two common misconceptions about veneering are that it is difficult to do and that the end result is somehow inferior to solid wood. Woodworker Thomas Schrunk sets ...