- Miter-Gauge Basics
With a miter gauge on your tablesaw, you can accurately cut workpieces to length with square ends and make a variety of angled cuts, including those for mitered ...
- Video: Quick Tip: Jointing Without a Jointer
Learn a jointer-free way to get an absolutely straight, square edge with a router. It’s the perfect technique for panel glue-ups.
- Q & A: Cutting Multi-Sided Shapes on the Tablesaw
- Get Safer, Cleaner Cuts on Your Tablesaw
Shopmade tablesaw inserts are easy and inexpensive to make. Made of plywood, these zero-clearance inserts help prevent tearout and keep narrow offcuts from getting ...
- Video: An Easy Way to Check Tablesaw Alignment
John White shows how you can ensure that your tablesaw blade is parallel to the rip fence
- Video: How to Handle Large Sheets on the Tablesaw
John White shows how to use a long bar clamp as a handle for guiding large sheets on the tablesaw
- Flawless Curves on the Bandsaw
Learn how to cut curves on the bandsaw so smooth and flawless that they require very little smoothing and sanding afterward. Michael Fortune gathers his top tips ...
- Video: Router Questions: Essential Bits
Gary Rogowski shows you the types of bits that everyone needs
- Video: Router Questions: Handling Difficult Grain
The secret is to plan your cuts and take multiple passes.
- Video: Router Questions: How Many Do I Need?
A six-part video series with Gary Rogowski. Here, in Part 1, he describes the smartest way to have more than one router on hand.
- Video: Router Questions: Minimizing Chatter
Pay attention to the router speed, particularly if you're using a large bit.
- Video: Router Questions: Sharpening Dull Bits
It all depends on the condition of the cutting surface, says FWW contributing editor Gary Rogowski.
- Video: Router Questions: What's A Climb Cut?
Gary Rogowski covers two situations where it makes sense to move the router in the 'wrong' direction.
- How They Did It: Shaped to Perfection
See how he creates undulating forms without touching a lathe
- Handheld Routing
A handheld router with a simple fixed base can cut edge profiles, joinery, and curves quickly and cleanly. The fixed base is versatile enough to take you a long ...