- Turning Furniture Parts (Part 2)
In Part 2 of Peter Galbert's series on turning, learn the subtleties involved in planing a smooth surface, plus cutting the precise notches, beads, and coves seen ...
- How to Sharpen Your Turning Tools
For many woodworkers, learning to turn furniture parts, such as legs, pulls, or even columns, is a natural progression. It’s a fun journey, but to be successful ...
- How to Turn Furniture Parts
Conquer the learning curve from furniture maker to competent wood turner with this no-nonsense guide by chair maker Peter Galbert. In this first of two articles, ...
- Sanding Jig is the Segmented Turner’s Secret Weapon
Learn how to build a sanding jig for perfect segments
- Secrets of Segmented Turning
Give segmented turning a try, and you may quickly become an addict like Art Breese and his woodshop friends. It's fun, you get a beautiful end project, and you ...
- Go Beyond the Lathe for Beautiful Vessels
See how Liam Flynn creates his beautiful vessels, both on and off the lathe.
From Fine Woodworking #227...
- Irregular Perfections
Liam Flynn has spent 30 years in search of the perfect form. For this Irish wood turner, meaning is found in the journey, not the destination.
From Fine Woodworking ...
- Video: How to Turn a Tapered Shaker Leg
Used sanding pads and a neat trick using graphite make for one terrific taper
- Q & A: 3 Ways to Avoid Bowl-Turning Tearout
- Boxes that Turn Heads
Wood turner Steven Kennard makes turned wooden boxes with intricate details and innovative techniques.
From Fine Woodworking #220
Learn more about Steven Kennard this Pro ...
- Perfect Circles
- Secret to a Sheraton Leg? Divide and Conquer
The turned legs on Mario Rodriguez's Sheraton table look daunting. They start with tight stack of rings, followed by 12 carved, tapered reeds that end in a small ...
- Video: How to Turn a Shaker Leg on a Lathe
Breeze through this elegant turning with guidance from a Shaker expert
- Scrapers: The Turner’s Best Friend
When you develop your turning techniques, don't forget the scraper. With this highly useful tool in hand, even a novice can smooth the inside and outside curves ...
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Perfectly Flat Surfaces
How to use a boat-tail scraper to make a flat platter