- Grind Perfect Edges Without Burning
Joel Moskowitz used to approach the grinding wheel with dread in his heart. Then he learned this "cool grinding" technique and the once-hated chore became fast ...
- Video: Sharpening: A2 vs. O1 Steel
The A2 steel has added chromium so it stays sharp longer. Part eight of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Different Bevel Angles
Yes, but you need not be obsessed with precise bevel angles. Part seven of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Hollow Grind or Flat Grind?
The advantages and disadvantages of these types of grind, in part five of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening
- Video: Sharpening: Stropping Blades
How to give a freshly sharpened blade a final touch. Part six of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Burnishing a Gooseneck Scraper
Putting a burr on a curve is a matter of knowing where to stop. Part four of our 8-part series.
- Video: Sharpening: Curved Blade Edges
What you need to know to sharpen gouges, sweeps, and such, in part two of our 8-part series
- Video: Sharpening: Honing Guides
An argument for using a guide to achieve consistent results, in part three of our 8-part series
- Video: Sharpening: The Scary Sharp Method
A lesson in an effective, inexpensive way to put an edge on chisels and plane irons, in part one of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening Basics
Learn one affordable method for keeping your planes and chisels sharp
- Video: How to Sharpen Woodcarving Tools
This excerpt from the new Taunton DVD, Woodcarving Basics, shows how to make gouges and V-tools razor sharp.
- Sharpening Services
Sharp edges are essential for hand and power tool work. Hand tools are usually easy to sharpen right in your shop, but motor-powered cutting tools are a different ...
- Video: Bob Van Dyke Shop Tip: Burnishing a Card Scraper
A step-by-step guide to tuning and sharpening this versatile smoothing tool.
- Find a Sharpening Service
A list of companies to call on when cutting tools get dull
- Is It Time to Get a Fresh Edge?
It takes practice to know when your tools need sharpening. But for both hand and power cutting tools, the warning signs are similar: It takes more effort to cut ...