- Speedy Freehand Sharpening
Basic tips to maintain a bevel angle and cut your honing time in half
- Cut Your Honing Time in Half
There's no question that commercial honing guides help many woodworkers keep their edge tools sharp. But are they the most efficient method? Hendrik Varju doesn't ...
- Grind Perfect Edges Without Burning
Joel Moskowitz used to approach the grinding wheel with dread in his heart. Then he learned this "cool grinding" technique and the once-hated chore became fast ...
- Video: Sharpening: A2 vs. O1 Steel
The A2 steel has added chromium so it stays sharp longer. Part eight of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Different Bevel Angles
Yes, but you need not be obsessed with precise bevel angles. Part seven of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Hollow Grind or Flat Grind?
The advantages and disadvantages of these types of grind, in part five of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening
- Video: Sharpening: Stropping Blades
How to give a freshly sharpened blade a final touch. Part six of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening: Burnishing a Gooseneck Scraper
Putting a burr on a curve is a matter of knowing where to stop. Part four of our 8-part series.
- Video: Sharpening: Curved Blade Edges
What you need to know to sharpen gouges, sweeps, and such, in part two of our 8-part series
- Video: Sharpening: Honing Guides
An argument for using a guide to achieve consistent results, in part three of our 8-part series
- Video: Sharpening: The Scary Sharp Method
A lesson in an effective, inexpensive way to put an edge on chisels and plane irons, in part one of this 8-part series answering your questions about sharpening.
- Video: Sharpening Basics
Learn one affordable method for keeping your planes and chisels sharp
- Video: How to Sharpen Woodcarving Tools
This excerpt from the new Taunton DVD, Woodcarving Basics, shows how to make gouges and V-tools razor sharp.
- Sharpening Services
Sharp edges are essential for hand and power tool work. Hand tools are usually easy to sharpen right in your shop, but motor-powered cutting tools are a different ...
- Video: Bob Van Dyke Shop Tip: Burnishing a Card Scraper
A step-by-step guide to tuning and sharpening this versatile smoothing tool.