- How to Surface a Large Slab
It's been around since ancient Egypt, and for most of that time, working with hide glue meant mixing it yourself and heating it all day to keep it liquified. But ...
- The Power of the Simple Scratch Stock
A simple tool made up of a wooden holder and a flat metal blade, the scratch stock has been used for centuries to create custom molding profiles and other decorative ...
- Shape Bracket Feet in Any Style Using the Bandsaw
Bracket feet have held up furniture for more than 300 years. Like most enduring elements, they have weathered changes in style but never went out of fashion. Whether ...
- The Drama Unfolds
- Shaping Wood by Hand
Even if you have an impressive stable of power tools at your disposal, sometimes it is easier and quicker to shape wood the old-fashioned way. Used for generations ...
- Q & A: How to Straighten Warped Plywood
- Success With Large Slabs
Chances are, you're used to shaping wood to fit the project, whether you're carving ball-and-claw feet or shaping molding on a router table. But when you work with ...
- Video: How to Make a Scratch Stock
Garrett Hack shows how to transform a small piece of scrap steel into a custom cutter for creating unique beads and other profiles
- Flawless Curves on the Bandsaw
Learn how to cut curves on the bandsaw so smooth and flawless that they require very little smoothing and sanding afterward. Michael Fortune gathers his top tips ...
- Top 10 Ways for Woodworkers to Cut Costs, Not Corners
How to save money in a tough economy
- Sweeping Curves
The simple, elegant lines of Adrian Ferrazzutti’s modern chair belie complex construction requiring an array of planing and belt-sanding jigs
- How They Did It: Details Make the Difference
Student tackles hand-fluting with a shopmade plane and two-way drawers with spring catches
- Q & A: Another Use for a Panel-Raising Bit
- 10 Edge Treatments for Furniture
Learn to shape table edges, lipped doors, and more using a router, shaper, and hand tools in this excerpt from 'The Complete Illustrated Guide to Shaping Wood'
- Q & A: Shaping a Bench Seat