- The Drama Unfolds
- Video: How to Make a Scratch Stock
Garrett Hack shows how to transform a small piece of scrap steel into a custom cutter for creating unique beads and other profiles
- Top 10 Ways for Woodworkers to Cut Costs, Not Corners
How to save money in a tough economy
- 10 Edge Treatments for Furniture
Learn to shape table edges, lipped doors, and more using a router, shaper, and hand tools in this excerpt from 'The Complete Illustrated Guide to Shaping Wood'
- Q & A: Shaping a Bench Seat
- Video: Shaping Tapered Legs
Shape elegant tapered legs by hand
- All About Shaping Wood
- Video: Template Routing Basics
Learn how to impart smooth curves on your furniture parts with template routing tips from a furniture pro
- How to Prep Rough Lumber with Hand Tools
Flattening and dimensioning boards by hand is the bedrock of hand-tool woodworking. Nothing can teach you more about wood than taking it from rough to ready with ...
- How to Cut Precise Joints on the Tablesaw
The tablesaw can do more than make rectangles. If you add a dado set and a few shopmade jigs and fixtures, it can become your favorite machine for cutting flawless ...
- How to Surface a Large Slab
It's been around since ancient Egypt, and for most of that time, working with hide glue meant mixing it yourself and heating it all day to keep it liquified. But ...
- The Power of the Simple Scratch Stock
A simple tool made up of a wooden holder and a flat metal blade, the scratch stock has been used for centuries to create custom molding profiles and other decorative ...
- Shape Bracket Feet in Any Style Using the Bandsaw
Bracket feet have held up furniture for more than 300 years. Like most enduring elements, they have weathered changes in style but never went out of fashion. Whether ...
- Shaping Wood by Hand
Even if you have an impressive stable of power tools at your disposal, sometimes it is easier and quicker to shape wood the old-fashioned way. Used for generations ...
- Q & A: How to Straighten Warped Plywood