- Stretchers Add Strength
In Strong Tenons in Skinny Legs (FWW #236), I illustrated my techniques for maximizing mortise-and-tenon joinery in narrow legs. Two cabinets featured there incorporate ...
- Video: Mortising with a Router
Learn how to cut a clean, accurate mortise in under 60 seconds
- Video: 3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Mortise-and-Tenon
Learn how to properly glue-up mortise-and-tenon joinery in part three of our six part series, 3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups
- Video: How to Drill Windsor Chair Mortises
Learn how to drill Windsor chair mortises at the proper angle with an ingenious set-up using mirrors.
- Video: How to Ream Windsor Chair Mortises
In part two of our video series on Windsor chair mortises, learn how to properly ream your mortises for a super-tight fit.
- Video: Joint Strength Test
See which joints performed the best in a stress test
- How to Cut Tenons by Hand
Cutting tenons by hand is quicker than you think
- How to Cut Tenons on the Tablesaw with a Dado Set
Tenons in no time with a tablesaw and dado set
- Hollow-Chisel Mortiser, Router Are Favorite Tools for Cutting Mortises
Nearly two-thirds of respondents use one of those tools, according to latest FWW poll
- Video: Quick Tip: An Easy Way to Make Square Holes
Here's another way to use bits from a hollow-chisel mortiser.
- Two Ways to Make Sturdy Cabinet Doors
How to make stylish solid-panel or glass-panel doors with strong mortise-and-tenon joints
- How to Cut Mortise and Tenon Joinery
Woodworking experts Gary Rogowski, Garrett Hack, Roland Johnson, and others share their tips for success in this roundup of videos and articles from the Fine Woodworking archives
- Video: Cut Through-Mortises with a Router
How to use a template and guide bushings to make through mortises with no tearout
- FWW Poll: The Strongest Joint
In the latest Knots poll, 7 of 10 woodworkers say a mortise and tenon makes the strongest joint
- The Secret to Perfect Mortise and Tenons
Trim hidden areas to quickly produce a flawless fit