- How to Cut Tenons by Hand
Cutting tenons by hand is quicker than you think
- How to Cut Tenons on the Tablesaw with a Dado Set
Tenons in no time with a tablesaw and dado set
- Video: Mortise and Tenon Joints for Cabinet Doors
How to make a frame with a simple variation on mortise-and-tenon joinery. Watch how to make a haunched tenon on the tablesaw and cut mortises with a router.
- Hollow-Chisel Mortiser, Router Are Favorite Tools for Cutting Mortises
Nearly two-thirds of respondents use one of those tools, according to latest FWW poll
- Cut a Mortise in Minutes
The time-honored practice of cutting mortises with a drill and chisel can be frustrating, mainly because the process of chiseling out the waste between drilled ...
- Video: Quick Tip: An Easy Way to Make Square Holes
Here's another way to use bits from a hollow-chisel mortiser.
- Two Ways to Make Sturdy Cabinet Doors
How to make stylish solid-panel or glass-panel doors with strong mortise-and-tenon joints
- How to Cut Mortise and Tenon Joinery
Woodworking experts Gary Rogowski, Garrett Hack, Roland Johnson, and others share their tips for success in this roundup of videos and articles from the Fine Woodworking archives
- Video: Cut Through-Mortises with a Router
How to use a template and guide bushings to make through mortises with no tearout
- FWW Poll: The Strongest Joint
In the latest Knots poll, 7 of 10 woodworkers say a mortise and tenon makes the strongest joint
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Construct a Frame-and-Panel Back
Build a mortise-and-tenon frame using a hollow-chisel mortiser and a dado blade on the tablesaw, in part four of this video workshop.
- The Secret to Making Perfect Joints
Joints that fit perfectly are every woodworker's goal, but it's a common misconception that every surface must match perfectly in order to achieve that goal. Undercutting ...
- The Secret to Perfect Mortise and Tenons
Trim hidden areas to quickly produce a flawless fit
- Video: The Complete Mortise and Tenon Joint
Practice cutting this joint with hand and power tools, and learn new tips and techniques for cutting, sizing, and fitting a mortise and tenon
- Video: Slot Mortise and Tenons on the Bandsaw
Learn how to cut this joint, also known as a bridle joint, in a few simple steps on the bandsaw in part four of this video workshop