- Video: Joint Strength Test
See which joints performed the best in a stress test
- Video: Resawing and Mitering with Doug Stowe
In this excerpt from his DVD on box-making, Doug Stowe shows two ways to resaw stock and how to match the grain across a mitered joint
- Q & A: Shooting Boards 101
- Video: Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Learn how to harness the full potential of your biscuit joiner in Part I of our two-part series
- Video: How to Cut Compound Angled Joinery
Demystify this seemingly complex woodworking joint with a simple set-up block
- How to Build Beautiful Cases from Plywood
There's a lot of creative freedom in building cases with veneered panels. Veneer makes it possible to use a variety of exotic woods and dramatic figure, and wrapping ...
- Secrets to a Perfect Mitered Box
What's so hard about making a mitered box? On the face of it, it seems an easy project. But if you want to turn out a beautiful small box, all the details have ...
- Q & A: Strengthen Miter Joints with Splines
- Strong and Handsome: Half-Blind Mitered Dovetails
Half-blind mitered dovetails combine the visual effect of a miter joint, with continuous grain wrapping around a corner, with the strength and classic look of dovetails. ...
- Fast Fixes for Joinery Mistakes
Straight from the pros, five quick and easy fixes for joinery mistakes. If you find yourself midway through a piece of furniture and find yourself with a gappy ...
- Video: Fast Fix: Shopmade Miter-Clamping Jig
Learn how to make a miter-clamping jig with hardwood scraps from your shop
- Super-Strong 3-Way Miter
This miter joint has been in use since the Ming dynasty, and it may seem daunting at first. But Andrew Hunter lays out all the steps to create the three-way miter, ...
- Q & A: Seal Miter Joints Before Glue-Up
- Q & A: For Accurate Miters, Set the Blade with a Drafting Triangle
- Mitered Edging Made Easy
Applying a solid mitered edge to a veneered tabletop or other panel can be a tricky process. If the panel isn't perfectly square, it's difficult to get all four ...