- Fast Fixes for Joinery Mistakes
Straight from the pros, five quick and easy fixes for joinery mistakes. If you find yourself midway through a piece of furniture and find yourself with a gappy ...
- Video: Fast Fix: Shopmade Miter-Clamping Jig
Learn how to make a miter-clamping jig with hardwood scraps from your shop
- Super-Strong 3-Way Miter
This miter joint has been in use since the Ming dynasty, and it may seem daunting at first. But Andrew Hunter lays out all the steps to create the three-way miter, ...
- Q & A: Seal Miter Joints Before Glue-Up
- Q & A: For Accurate Miters, Set the Blade with a Drafting Triangle
- Mitered Edging Made Easy
Applying a solid mitered edge to a veneered tabletop or other panel can be a tricky process. If the panel isn't perfectly square, it's difficult to get all four ...
- Miter Your Dovetails
The joinery in this small dresser mirror combines dovetails and miters in an innovative way. The author explains how to do two versions -- a frame joint that has ...
- Video: Joint Strength Test
See which joints performed the best in a stress test
- Video: Resawing and Mitering with Doug Stowe
In this excerpt from his DVD on box-making, Doug Stowe shows two ways to resaw stock and how to match the grain across a mitered joint
- Mitered Molding Simplifies Traditional Doors
Sticking is the decorative molding that decorates the inside edges of traditional door frames. To join this type of profile cleanly at the inside corners of a frame, ...
- The Miter Joint for Casework
The miter joint is not only for use on picture frames, edging, or molding. This joint is also an attractive means of joining the body of a cabinet. Clean and simple, ...
- Q & A: How to Cut Clean Miters in Small Pieces of Molding
- Q & A: Shooting Boards 101
- All About Miter Joints
- Simplified Three-Way Miter
Although there probably are a dozen or more ways to cut a three-way miter, Richard Gotz uses a method that is straightforward and relies on only a few cuts with ...