- Video: Router Jig for Perfect Hinge Mortises
Simple jigs guarantee headache-free hinge installations in boxes and cabinets
- How to Hang a Cabinet on the Wall
A closer look at the cleats and hangers you can use to hold cabinets and shelves on the wall.
- Video: Installing Euro-Style Cup Hinges
Simple layout and a dedicated jig make it easy to hang a cabinet door and fine-tune the fit
- All About Installing Hardware
- Video: How to Make a Simple Jig for Offset Knife Hinges
Learn a hassle-free technique for perfect offset knife hinge mortises, every time
- Video: Make Your Own Snipe Hinges
Learn how to forge your own period-appropriate snipe hinges without any specialty tools
- Video: Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Learn how to mortise and mount tricky knife hinges into a curved cabinet
- Video: Router Jigs Make Mortised Locks Easy
A router and three jigs are all that's required to fit lock-sets precisely
- Two Techniques for Bed-Bolt Alignment
Learn how two simple jigs can make installing bed bolts a breeze
- One-of-a-kind Pulls
Scott Grove uses metal-resin casting to create cabinet pulls, finials, inlay, and small boxes. It's a technique that gives him an endless source of unique pulls, ...
- Rout Perfect Hinge Mortises
When building a hinged box, it can be tough to get the mortises right. Any misalignment in the top or bottom mortise can cause binding or a gap. This simple jig ...
- Uncompromising Adirondack
Take a detailed look at the anatomy of Robert Erickson's comfortable, weatherproof Adirondack chair....
- 2 Classic Pulls
Whether you are seeking a set of elegant turned pulls to complete a Shaker chest of drawers or you need square, faceted pulls to embellish and Arts and Crafts piece, ...
- Case Closed
Is a shopmade catch the only tasteful way to keep the doors closed on your cabinets? A quick trip through popular hardware catalogs seems to lend credence to that ...
- Get a Handle on Your Pulls
Drawer pulls are highly visible and can have a dramatic effect on the beauty of a piece of furniture. There’s plenty to say about which pulls go with which pieces, ...