- How to Build Beautiful Cases from Plywood
There's a lot of creative freedom in building cases with veneered panels. Veneer makes it possible to use a variety of exotic woods and dramatic figure, and wrapping ...
- Frame-and-Panel Doors Made Easier
A pro's tips for building, fitting, and hanging a traditional door
- Cope-and-Stick Tricks
Learn the secret to using rail-and-stile router bits to create raised-panel doors without accumulating a pile of sawdust and test cuts in the process. Richard Babbitt ...
- Q & A: Frame-and-Panel Door Construction
- Video: Mortise and Tenon Joints for Cabinet Doors
How to make a frame with a simple variation on mortise-and-tenon joinery. Watch how to make a haunched tenon on the tablesaw and cut mortises with a router.
- Video: How to Make a Cope-and-Stick Joint
Andy Rae takes you step-by-step through the process, from setting up the router bits to final glue-up.
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Construct a Frame-and-Panel Back
Build a mortise-and-tenon frame using a hollow-chisel mortiser and a dado blade on the tablesaw, in part four of this video workshop.
- Video: Designing a Frame and Panel
See the variety of options for panel size and design in this excerpt from the DVD 'Frame and Panel Construction'
- Video: Dress Up a Frame-and-Panel Door
Add a decorative bead-and-quark molding for a traditional look
- Video: Quick and Sturdy Door
Build a frame-and-panel door with basic power tools
- Video: Finishing a Raised Panel
Avoid drips and pools of finish by brushing the components in a specific order
- Video: Planing Frame-and-Panel Doors
Use a plane rather than sandpaper to prepare the final surface
- Three Ways to Raise a Panel
There are almost as many ways to cut raised panels as there are tools in the woodshop. The shaper may be the most efficient, but if you don’t own one, a number ...
- Frame-and-Panel Doors
Detailed directions in this article guide furniture makers through the sometimes tricky process of building frame-and-panel doors. The author shows how to set up ...
- Understanding Wood Movement
Wood is a living, breathing material, and as a result it moves. Learning why and where it moves will help you become a better furniture maker. In this article, ...