- Upgrading a side table
How to retrofit a drawer with a solid-bottom, step by step. Plus, the right way to attach a slate top
- Video: IWF 2006: Accuride Drawer Slides Stop Softly
Next-generation drawer hardware features soft-stop and easy installation
- How to Build a Swing-Out Drawer
A spin-out drawer is one of Garrett Hack's favorite ways to add a bit of whimsy to his tables. Drawers that swing out are fun, but they are also useful in situations ...
- Easier Joinery for Curved Drawer Fronts
To produce predictable curves and accurate joinery on a bowfront dresser, Alan Turner built a series of jigs: a two-part bending form, a cradle for crosscutting ...
- Q & A: Tips for Drawer Runners and Kickers
- Video: Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Learn how to outfit a set of workbench drawers with a variety of customized tool storage solutions as Ed Pirnik outfits his Not-So-Big Workbench with chisel and ...
- The Secrets Within
Learn some of the secrets within Silas Kopf's cabinet, where all is not as it seems.
- All-Wood Drawer Slides
These drawer slides support a drawer when it is pulled completely out of the case, and they are attractive and fit well with the look of fine furniture. Using this ...
- Q & A: How to Handle Cross-Grain Veneer
- Video: Fast Fix: Build a Spring-Loaded Drawer Stop
Learn how to build a wooden drawer stop that keeps toddlers safe without the hassle of a mortised locked set
- 4 Steps to a Sweet-Fitting Drawer
This step-by-step procedure for fitting a drawer comes from Rob Porcaro's years of experience making furniture. The key is that it does not compound errors as you ...
- Persuit of Perfection
Peter Shepard has been designing and building furniture full time ever since he quit his job as a book editor to study the craft at the North Bennet Street School. ...
- How to Build Solid Drawer Bottoms
Garrett Hack has repaired more than a few solid-wood drawer bottoms in his day, but he hasn't lost his enthusiasm for this construction method. Plywood might be ...
- Q & A: Cut Slotted Screw Holes in a Drawer Bottom
- The Ins and Outs of Drawer Stops
What's the first thing you do when looking at a piece of fine furniture? Chances are, if the piece contains drawers, you pull one out. You're looking for well-crafted ...