- How to Carve a Shell
Learn how to lay out and carve an 18th-century-style fan
- Pro Portfolio: Carving toward Home
Duncan Gowdy carves a powerful sense of place into his furniture
- Woodworking Specialties
Online resources for boatbuilding, carving, turning, and crafting instruments
- Video: How to Sharpen Woodcarving Tools
This excerpt from the new Taunton DVD, Woodcarving Basics, shows how to make gouges and V-tools razor sharp.
- Video: Learn to Turn Barley-Twist Candlesticks
Find out how to lay out, carve, and smooth this distinctive open-twist shape
- The Totem Pole Art of Tommy Josephs
Modern themes and traditional carving methods keep cultural identity alive in Alaska
- Two Designs for Carved Rosettes
How to create a three-tier rosette and a walnut-shell rosette
- Canada's Native Carving Traditions
First Nations artists keep old traditions alive and create new ones with brilliant totem poles and carved objects
- On The Road: Chainsaw Woodworking
Pennsylvania's annual chainsaw-carving 'Rendezvous' draws artists with chainsaws from around the world
- A Woodworker's Odyssey
How learning from the pros can propel your woodworking skill level to unimagined heights
- Video: Letter Carving Basics
A long-time sign maker shares his carving techniques in a demonstration making the letter 'R'
- Video: Easy-To-Carve Diamond Beading
Personalize your furniture with just a few simple tools
- Bandsawn Beauty
Michael Cullen was attracted to bandsawn boxes because they are quick to complete, a great contrast to the complicated furniture he makes typically. His boxes, ...
- Embellishing the bandsawn box
A loose, unregulated look is the aim when Michael Cullen carves and finishes his bandsaw boxes. He uses gouges to add texture and patterns, sometimes letting the ...
- Putting the Primal into Production: Dean Pulver
Dean Pulver combines the efficiency of machine work with the satisfaction of handwork to make his innovative tables. He got his production acumen from years of ...