- Never Struggle with Squeeze-Out Again
Most of us have a love-hate relationship with glue squeeze-out. That thin, consistent bead of glue along a joint line indicates we've used enough glue for a strong ...
- Q & A: Tips for Drawer Runners and Kickers
- Video: 3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Edge Joints
There's no doubt about it, the glue-up phase of any woodworking project
is often a stressful situation which, without proper preparation, can
lead to disaster. ...
- Q & A: Simple Glue-up Table Rides Sawhorses
- Refined Over Time
A few years after dropping out of college, John Reed Fox was working as an auto mechanic in Boston and spending his lunch hours browsing in a bookstore. That’s ...
- Tips For Square Glue-Ups
There's no need for your glue-ups to be frantic and desperate; that's what leads to open joints and out-of-square assemblies. Simply follow these basic steps before ...
- The Best Woodworker You've Never Heard of
In the course of his 50-year career, Jere Osgood has quietly pushed the boundaries of innovation in terms of furniture making style and structure. His work is featured ...
- Video: How to Build a Solid Humidor
It takes more than just a supply of Spanish cedar to construct a well-built humidor.
- Video: Fast Fix: Custom Clamping Cauls for Pipe Clamp Glue-Ups
Learn how to put clamping pressure exactly where you need it with this Fast Fix
- The Secret to Great Glue-Ups
You can cut the most accurate joinery in the world, but if your glue-up is not done correctly, you've missed the boat. The secret is clamping cauls, sized and applied ...
- How to Tame Squeeze-out
Avoid problems with glue squeeze-out contaminating your finish by controlling the problem where it starts -- inside the joint. This article offers valuable tips ...
- Tip: Quick Tip: Pipe Cleaners for Woodworking
- Basic, at First Glance
Hank Holzer has managed to pack an outstanding number of technical challenges into what appears to be a simple chair
- High Design, Low Price
Michael Fortune's made-for-production chair
- Q & A: How to Eliminate Clamp Stains