Tools News This Week: Feb. 26
From Grizzly Industrial:
Introducing the Grizzly Model G0821 6″ Benchtop Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead and Built-In Dust Collection
MACHINE HIGHLIGHTS (see Machine Data Sheet for full specifications)
- 1.5 HP, 120V, single-phase, 12A, universal motor. • 3-row spiral cutterhead with 4-sided indexable carbide inserts makes 24,000 cuts per minute.
- 6 1⁄4″ x 30 3⁄8″ aluminum table with adjustable infeed and convenient carrying handles.
- 4 5⁄16″ x 22 1⁄2″ extruded aluminum fence with 45° left/right tilt for bevel jointing.
- Built-in dust collection system with 2 1⁄2″ dust port, powered impeller, and bag.
- Weighs approximately 50 lbs. The Model G0821 is available for $429.95 and is covered by a one-year warranty.
For more information call 1-800-523-4777 or visit www.grizzly.com.
From Bora Portamate:
Bora Portamate introduces heavy-duty PM-3550 adjustable mobile base
TROY, Mich., Feb. 15, 2018 – BORA PortaMate, a leading manufacturer of tools, woodworking and workshop accessories, announces the introduction of the PM-3550, the newest addition to its universal mobile base line. A powerhouse mobile base that can hold up to 1,500 lbs with four swivel wheels and an easy-to-operate foot locking lever, the PM-3550 offers a space solution for larger power tools and equipment.
Product highlights include:
- Solid – Rugged contractor-grade construction
- Adjustable – Simple raise and lower design adjusts base rails in 1-inch/25 mm increments
- Versatile – Four swivel wheels for superior handling
- Mobility – Ability to park machinery/equipment in the tightest space
- Pro Grade – Holds up to 1,500 lbs
“Workshop space is at a premium and one of the challenges faced is navigating and parking heavy equipment in tight places but the PM-3550 does just that with what essentially all wheel steering in a mobile base,” said Todd Gluski, Marketing Brand Manager, BORA PortaMate. “Woodworkers, carpenters, contractors and DIY enthusiasts can use it with large table saws, band saws, planers, jointers, workbenches and be able to position your equipment in just the right spot, even one-handed.”
The Portamate PM-3550 Mobile Base retails for $185.00. To locate a dealer or retailer, please visit www.boratool.com.