Tools News This Week: Feb. 12
Here’s your tool news for the week of February 12, 2018:
Kreg – Precision Router Lift
On February 1, 2018 Kreg released the following:
Take complete control of your table-mounted router to make accurate, repeatable, and reliable bit setup adjustments—plus above-the-table bit changes—using the Kreg© Precision Router Lift. It provides the high-quality results you need to confidently shape raw wood into refined project parts.
The Precision Router Lift helps you elevate your routing capabilities by providing precise control when making router setup changes or changing bits. The Precision Router Lift holds your router motor—and accepts 20+ popular models—in a high-performance carriage that you raise and lower from above the table. That means no more reaching under the table to make adjustments or change bits, plus vastly improved control over all adjustments, large or small.
- Bearing-guided carriage provides smooth operation
- 3⁄8″ x 9 1⁄4″ x 11 3⁄4″ (9.5 mm x 235mm x 298mm) hard-anodized aluminum plate won’t sag, resists scratches
- Above-table collet access allows fast, easy bit changes
- Precision indexing ring with micro-adjust scale simplifies bit height changes
- Precise adjustment without backlash ensures accuracy
- Accepts 20+ popular routers without requiring pads or adapters
- Level-Loc insert rings twist into place level and flush (3 rings included)
- Fits all Kreg® router tables and many competitive brands
To learn more about the Precision Router Lift, as well as other Kreg project solutions, please contact Kreg Tools at (800) 447-8638 or visit https://www.kregtool.com.
Hitachi – EC28M Quiet Compressor
On February 6, 2018 Hitachi released the following:
Hitachi Power Tools (Hitachi Koki USA, Ltd.) today announced its first compressor in a new Low Noise Series; a Portable 1-Gallon Oil-Free Quiet Air Compressor, model EC28M. It produces a mere 59 dB of sound, which is so low a normal conversation can easily take place while it is cycling! Equipped with an industrial oil-free pump and overload protection, it delivers high durability with virtually no maintenance. Weighing just 25.2 lbs., the EC28M is easy to transport and is ready to plug and play right out of the box.
- 2.8 Amp direct drive induction motor
- Overload protection circuit
- Locking regulator
- 0.8 cfm at 90 psi and 1.3 cfm at 40 psi
- Steel roll cage
For the contractor, remodeler or homeowner seeking a convenient, lightweight and super quiet compressor, the EC28M portable low noise compressor is ideal. For more information including the full line of Hitachi products and support, please contact Hitachi Power Tools at (800) 829-4752 or visit www.hitachipowertools.com.