STL 129: Vise advice and shipping tips
Using a cast-iron vise as an end vise, tips on shipping furniture safely, and Matt is haunted by saw diapers. Plus smooth moves and all-time favorite articles.
Articles discussed in this episode:
- Question 1 – Squeeze-out with open grained wood
- Question 2 – Using a Record cast iron vise as a tail-vise
- Segment 1 – All Time Favorite Articles of All Time… for this week
- Question 3 – Using a bevel up smoother
- Question 4 – Shipping large pieces of furniture
- Segment 2 – Smooth Moves
- Question 5 – The lock rabbet joint
- Question 6 – Where to find I-beam clamps
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answers questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking‘s biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast! Our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page.