STL 60: Dumpster Diving for Terrific Tools
Shop Talk Live 60: Dumpster Diving for Terrific Tools
This week on Shop Talk Live, Mike Pekovich and Ed Pirnik confess to getting just a bit too close to their local dumps. Tablesaws, air compressors, and more–can you really find great tools amid piles of rotten food and rusty metal?
Plus, we answer questions on a variety of woodworking topics including workbenches, tablesaw adjustments, block plane iron sharpening, and a whole lot more.
Has this ever happened to you?
Has good fortune ever smiled upon you while strolling past a dumpster? Ever find a cool tool cast aside by an unworthy owner, only to be rescued by you? Chime in the comments section below. We want to know about it!
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking’s biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don’t forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive art director
Special projects editor
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 59: No Such Thing as Too Many Tools
- Shop Talk Live 58: Is Woodworking an Art?
- Shop Talk Live 57: Tablesaw Accident Update
- Shop Talk Live 56: James Krenov’s Legacy Lives On
- Shop Talk Live 55: Mike’s Tool Chest Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 54: Greatest Hits and a Slight Delay
- Shop Talk Live 53: Bitchin’ Block Rabbet Planes
- Shop Talk Live 52: A Hit Man in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 51: Used Diapers in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 50: Tool Bombs and Colonial Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 49: Power Tool Power
- Shop Talk Live 48: Guitar God Mike Pekovich
- see all episodes