STL 47: Compromising Photos from FWW
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking’s biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don’t forget to send in your woodworking questions to email@example.com.
Shop Talk Live 47: Compromising Photos from FWW
This week we start things off with the harrowing (OK, maybe that’s an overstatement) story of a shopmade gift that fell flat on its face. Then, it’s off to the races as we answer a whole host of woodworking questions ranging from epoxy and spokeshave sharpening–to jointer tech and purchasing lumber off of Craigslist.
New Visual Shop Stumper Makes its Debut
Plus, we’re offering up a set of Rockler Bench Cookies to a listener who can correctly identify the guitarist seen in the photo at the top of this post. If you know which Fine Woodworking staffer that is, be sure to email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write “Visual Shop Stumper” in the subject line. We’ll select one correct answer at random and that person will receive a set of Bench Cookies for their effort. Note: Do not post your answers here in the blog post–any answers posted here will be disqualified from the random drawing.
Executive Art Director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 46: Ed Cuts the Cord–Literally
- Shop Talk Live 45: Taking the Fun Out of Fine Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 44: Big Changes for Fine Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 43: Richard Raffan Comes Stateside
- Shop Talk Live 42: Top Secret Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 41: Ask a Rocket Scientist
- Shop Talk Live 40: From Compass Planes to Corrugated Planes
- Shop Talk Live 39: Handplane Hassles and Hardships
- Shop Talk Live 38: Brian Boggs’ Brainy Shop Machinery
- Shop Talk Live 37: SawStop Portable in the Works
- Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 35: Legendary Workshops
- see all episodes
Know which Fine Woodworking staffer this is? Your correct guess could get you a set of Rockler Bench Cookies. Only answers sent in via email to email@example.com will be considered. Do not post your answer at the bottom of this post.
This week on Shop Talk Live, the guys debut a new visual Shop Stumper, and report on a shopmade gift that fell flat on its face. Plus, your woodworking questions answered.